Espumisan Comfort 100mg drops 30ml
Espumisan 100mg drops 30ml for Infants, kids flatulence remedy
ESPUMISAN 40mg drops 30ml from 1 months of age gastrointestinal disorders
• ESPUMISAN drops, containing the simethicone, used to lower the surface tension of gas bubbles contained in the food and the digestive tract mucus. Excess gas leads to gastrointestinal disorders in children and adults.
1 capsule contains 40 mg of simethicone
Response: Espumisan in the form of drops, contains the active ingredient Simethicone, which effectively lowers the surface tension of the gas bubbles contained in the food and the digestive tract mucus, causing them to rupture and get absorbed through the intestinal walls or expulsed. This way, the drug also affects the feelings of bloating and pressure in the abdomen, and in the case of infants and very small children, prevents the symptoms of painful colic.
Indications: Treatment of symptomatic gastro-intestinal disorders associated with excessive accumulation of gas (flatulence), even after surgery. Auxiliary in preparing patients for clinical abdomen testing (radiology, ultrasound, gastrocamera).
ESPUMISAN Drops are also used as adjunctive therapy of intestinal colic in infants over 1 month of age.
Contraindications: Hypersensitivity to the ingredients and the 4-hydroxybenzoate. Drops are not to be used in children less than 1 month of age. During treatment, one should not drink carbonated beverages.
Pregnancy and lactation: The safety of use during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established.
In the stomach-intestinal ailments related to excessive accumulation of gas in the digestive tract:
• Infants: 5 - 10 drops should be added to a bottle of milk or given in a small spoon before each breastfeeding
• Children aged 1 - 6 years: 10 drops x 3 to 5 times a day
• Children aged 6 - 14 years: 10 to 20 drops x 3 to 5 times a day
• Adults and children aged over 14 years: 20 drops x 3 to 5 times a day
In preparation for diagnostic testing of abdomen:
Accurately (using a calibrated cup) take 1 ml x 3 times a day on the day before the test, after a meal and 1 ml in the morning of the day of testing, in addition to the suspension of the contrast agent: accurately (using calibrated cup) take 2-4 ml per 1 liter of the contrast agent used for the test. For double contrast in the preparation of patients for gastroscopy and endoscopy of the small intestine: accurately (using a calibrated cup) take 2-3 ml prior to testing. If necessary, during the test, pour some additional ml of the emulsion to the endoscope.