Heparoid 30g ointment
HEPAROID ointments 30g
INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
Read this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
This medicine is available without prescription. However, to get the best results from it, you should carefully follow the instructions for use of the product.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• If you need further information or advice, ask your pharmacist.
• You must contact a doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What is HEPAROID ZENTIVA and what is it used for?
2. Before you start using HEPAROID ZENTIVA
3. How to use HEPAROID ZENTIVA
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store HEPAROID ZENTIVA
6. Additional information
1. WHAT IS HEPAROID ZENTIVA AND WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
Dermatological, antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory agent (for the treatment of inflammation and post-traumatic conditions).
Heparoid Zentiva restricts blood clotting at the site of inflammation or injury during trauma. Prevents blood clots, accelerates the diffusion of bleeding, reduces the occurrence of swellings and has anti-inflammatory action. Once the swelling and bleeding subside, feeling of tightness and pain at the site of inflammation or injury decreases.
Heparoid Zentiva is intended for use by both adults and children from an early age to treat tendonitis, post-traumatic swellings, bruises and sprains, to promote the healing of wound scarring after injuries or operations and softening of hard scars; can also be used as indicated by your doctor, for the topical treatment of inflammations of the superficial veins, inflammation around the veins and to soften hard skin in venous insufficiency.
During pregnancy and lactation may only be used with the permission of a doctor.
2. BEFORE YOU USE HEPARIOD ZENTIVA
Do not use Heparoid Zentiva if you have:
• hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients
• bleeding problems
Do not use this medicine on large areas of skin.
The product must not be applied to open wounds, mucous membranes and eyes.
Be especially careful with Heparoid Zentiva:
In disease of the veins, consult your doctor about the duration of treatment with Heparoid Zentiva. Unless your physician determines otherwise, in these conditions it is applied usually for 1 - 2 weeks.
Administration of Heparoid Zentiva is only a part of the complex therapy required to treat disorders of the veins. Make sure to follow the other doctor recommended procedures (use of other drugs, pressure dressing with a bandage or sock).
If after 3 days you are not noticing any improvement or your symptoms are worsening or side effects occur, discontinue the use and contact a doctor. Without consulting a doctor the maximum period of treatment with this medicine is 2 weeks.
Heparoid Zentiva should not be applied to open wounds, mucous membranes and eyes.
If, by accident, a child consume a large amount of the medicinal product, this can lead to nausea and vomiting. In this case, induce vomiting or seek medical attention.
Taking other medicines
Heparoid Zentiva can not be used together with some other drugs for local application, for example in products containing tetracycline, hydrocortisone or salicylic acid. If you are taking any other medicines, whether with or without a prescription from a doctor, ask your doctor whether Heparoid Zentiva is right for you. Simultaneous use with other non-prescribed drugs for topical use is not recommended. When a doctor is prescribing you other medicines warn them that you are using Heparoid Zentiva.
Pregnancy and lactation
During the last trimester of pregnancy the medicinal product should not be used for a long period of time or for the treatment of large areas of the skin, because it can cause bleeding. When breast-feeding the ointment may only be used for a short period of time on small areas of the skin.
During pregnancy and lactation medicinal product may be used only with the consent of your doctor.
Effects on the ability to drive and operate machines
No precautions are required.
3. HOW TO USE HEPAROID ZENTIVA
If your doctor does not prescribe otherwise, adults, youth and children spread some of the product on the affected and surrounding area 2-3 times a day in a layer that is approximately 1 mm thick, which is then rubbed gently into the skin. In venous diseases it could be applied along with a compressive bandage. For the treatment of large and painful bleeding areas, the area can at first be covered with an airtight bandage, best done at night. In varicose ulcers, the ointment should be rubbed into the skin around it.
If you have further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Heparoid Zentiva can cause side effects, although not everyone suffers from them. The product may cause temporary skin redness or itching.
If you notice these or any other side effects, consult your doctor.
In rare cases, during treatment, you may experience hypersensitivity to any component of the product, characterized by local swelling and redness of the skin, a burning sensation and itching, sometimes with a rash of small pimples. In this case, discontinue the treatment and consult with your doctor about the continued use of the drug.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not specified in this leaflet, please ask your doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE HEPAROID ZENTIVA
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not store above 25 ° C.
• Keep away from moisture.
• Do not use Hepariod Zentiva after the expiry date stated on the packaging. The expiry date refers to the last day of the indicated month.
• Do not use Heparoid Zentiva if you notice any signs of deterioration.
• Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or as household waste. Ask your doctor or pharmacist how to dispose of medication that you no longer need. These measures will help protect the environment.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What does Hepariod Zentiva contain?
• The active substance is a heparinoid (100 IU) / mg), 60 mg in 30 g of ointment.
• Excipients: hard paraffin, liquid paraffin, cetyl-stearyl alcohol, stearin, white beeswax, monoglycerides of saturated fatty acids, ethoxylated C 12-C 16 alcohols, propylene glycol, trolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, purified water, an aromatic composition.
What Heparoid Zentiva looks like and contents of the package
A tube of 30 g ointment and a package leaflet in a box.