Heparoid 30g ointment
HEPAROID ointments 30g
INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
Read this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
This medicine is available without prescription. However, to get the best results from it, you should carefully follow the instructions for use of the product.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• If you need further information or advice, ask your pharmacist.
• You must contact a doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What is HEPAROID ZENTIVA and what it is used
2. Before you start using HEPAROID ZENTIVA
3. How to use HEPAROID ZENTIVA
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store HEPAROID ZENTIVA
6. Additional information
1. WHAT IS HEPAROID ZENTIVA AND WHAT IT IS USED
Dermatologically, antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory agent (for the treatment of inflammation and post-traumatic conditions).
Heparoid Zentiva restricts blood clotting at the site of inflammation or injury during trauma. Prevents blood clots, accelerates the diffusion of bleeding reduces the occurrence of swellings and has anti-inflammatory action. Once the swelling and bleeding subside, feeling of tightness and pain at the site of inflammation or injury decreases.
Heparoid Zentiva is intended for use by both adults and children from an early age to treat tendonitis, post-traumatic swellings, bruises and sprains, to promote wound scarring after injuries or operations and softening of hard scars and swollen; also can be used as indicated by the doctor, for the topical treatment of inflammations of the superficial veins, inflammation around the veins to soften hard skin in venous insufficiency.
During pregnancy and lactation may be used only with permission of a doctor.
2. BEFORE YOU USE HEPARIOD ZENTIVA
Do not use Heparoid Zentiva if you have:
• hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients
• bleeding problems, do not use medicine spreads at large stretches. The product must not be applied to open wounds, mucous membranes and eyes.
Be especially careful with Heparoid Zentiva:
In disease of the veins, consult your doctor about the lifetime of Heparoid Zentiva. If the physician determines otherwise, in these conditions it is applied usually for 1 - 2 weeks.
Administration of Heparoid Zentiva is only part of the complex therapy to treat disorders of veins. Observe other doctor recommended procedures (use of other drugs, pressure dressing with a bandage or sock).
If injuries to 3 days not noticing improvement or worsening signs or side effects occur, discontinue use and contact a doctor. Without consulting a doctor not use medicine more than 2 weeks.
Heparoid Zentiva should not be applied to open wounds, mucous membranes and eyes.
If by accident a child consume a greater amount of the medicinal product, this can lead to nausea and vomiting. In this case, induce vomiting or enable him and seek medical advice.
Taking other medicines
Heparoid Zentiva can not be used together with some other drugs for local application, for example in products containing tetracycline, hydrocortisone or salicylic acid. If you are taking any other medicines, whether prescription from a doctor or without it, ask your doctor whether Heparoid Zentiva is right for you. Simultaneously not use other non-prescribed drugs for topical use. When the doctor shows other medicines warn him that you are using Heparoid Zentiva.
Pregnancy and lactation
During the last trimester of pregnancy medicinal product must not be used for a long time or it to paint large areas of the skin, because it can cause bleeding. When feeding the ointment may be used for a short time only on small areas of the skin surface.
During pregnancy and lactation medicinal product may be used only with the consent of your doctor.
Effects on ability to drive and use machines
Does not affect activities requiring alertness.
3. HOW TO USE HEPAROID ZENTIVA
If the doctor does not prescribe otherwise, adults, youth and children smear the affected area and surrounding area 2-3 times a day with approximately 1 mm thick layer of ointment, which is rubbed gently into the skin. In venous disease could be applied compressive bandage. For large and painful bleeding treated with the ointment, there may at first be covered with an airtight bandage, best at night. In varicose ulcer ointment should be rubbed into the skin around it.
If you have further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Heparoid Zentiva can cause side effects, although not everyone suffers from them. For use of the product may occur temporary skin redness or itching.
If you notice these or other side effects, check with your doctor.
In rare cases during treatment may experience hypersensitivity to any component of the product, characterized by local swelling and redness of the skin, a burning sensation and itching, sometimes with a rash of small pimples. In this case, stop the treatment and consult with your doctor about the continued use of the drug.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not specified in this leaflet, please ask your doctor or pharmacist
5. HOW TO STORE HEPAROID ZENTIVA
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not store above 25 ° C.
• Keep away from moisture.
• Do not use Hepariod Zentiva after the expiry date stated on the packaging. Expiry date refers to the last day of the indicated month.
• Do not use Heparoid Zentiva if you notice any signs of deterioration.
• Medicines should not be disposed of via waste water or household waste. Ask your doctor or pharmacist how to dispose of medication that you no longer need. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What does Hepariod Zentiva
• The active substance is a heparinoid (100 IU) / mg), 60 mg in 30 g of ointment.
• Excipients hard paraffin, liquid paraffin, cetyl-stearyl alcohol, stearin, white beeswax, monoglycerides of saturated fatty acids, ethoxylated C 12-C 16 alcohols, propylene glycol, trolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, purified water, an aromatic composition.
What Heparoid Zentiva and contents of container
A tube of 30 g ointment and package leaflet in a box.