Iberogast 20ml drops
IBEROGAST 20 ML.ORAL DROPS
EXPIRY DATE: (30.11.2021)
What is Iberogast?
Iberogast is a clinically proven prokinetic medicine containing 9 herbal extracts. Each act in a synergistic and complimentary way to reduce heartburn, bloating, cramping, nausea and abdominal pain.
Iberogast is also used for the management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Functional Dyspepsia (FD). The name Iberogast is derived from it’s main component, Iberis amara, which has a tone-promoting and anti-inflammatory effect. Iberogast has an excellent safety and efficacy profile based on over 40 years of use in Europe.
How does Iberogast work?
Iberogast works in four different ways:
• Accelerates gastric emptying
• Reduces pain and cramping
• Alleviates heartburn
• Relieves bloating and induces expulsion of gas from the intestines
Unless otherwise prescribed, Iberogast should be taken orally three times a day before or with meals. It may be mixed with your favourite drink.
• 12 Years and up: 20 drops
• 6 to 12 years: 15 drops
• 3 to 6 years: 10 drops
What side effects are possible with Iberogast?
There are no known side effects of Iberogast and this is based on 40 years of post-surveillance data in Europe. Over 20 million patients have been treated with Iberogast and it has been shown to be effective for common use with no safety concerns.
What other drugs could interact with Iberogast?
There are no known drug interactions with Iberogast based on 40 years of post-marketing surveillance data. Iberogast can also be taken before or with meals; therefore, food does not affect the efficacy of the product.
Iberogast is comprised of the following 9 ingredients: Iberis amara, Angelica, Chamomile, Caraway Fruit, St. Mary’s Thistle, Balm Leaves, Peppermint Leaves, Celandine, and Liquorice Root.
- Iberis amara: The fresh plant extract of Iberis amara represents the prokinetic component in Iberogast. It increases the tone of smooth gastro-intestinal muscles and accelerates gastro-intestinal peristalsis. Extracts of Iberis amara are only contained in the medicine Iberogast.
- Angelica: The extract acts to promote digestion, to relieve cramps and to promote gastric juice production.
- St. Mary’s Thistle: The extract acts in an hepatoprotective manner and stimulates the regeneration of liver cells.
- Caraway Fruit: The extracts act in a microbicidal manner and relieve cramps. It improves the tolerability of flatulence promoting foods (e.g. cabbage, beans).
- Lemon Balm Leaves: The extract acts as a sedative and in an anti-flatulent manner.
- Celandine: The extract acts to relieve cramps in bile ducts and in the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Liquorice Root: The extract shows a cramp-relieving action and accelerates the healing of stomach ulcers.
- Peppermint Leaves: The extract acts in an anti-flatulent manner, relieves cramps and stimulates bile production.
- Chamomile: The extract is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, cramp relieving and promotes wound healing.