Solpadeine Soluble 24 Effervescent Tablets
Solpadeine*24 Effervescent Tablets
Always take this medicine as your doctor prescribes or as directed in the leaflet.
1. What is Solpadeine soluble tablets?
Solpadeine is a medicine that includes 24 soluble tablets. It is used for the effective pain relief. The drug is intended for short-term treatment. It helps when other medication does not relieve the pain.
You can use the drug in the following cases:
- Rheumatic pain;
- Sore throat;
- Sinus pain;
- Pain after dental interventions;
- Menstrual pain;
- Muscle pain;
- Cold and flu-related symptoms.
The drug is intended for adults and children over 12 years of age.
2. What do Solpadeine tablets contain?
The medicine contains three active ingredients:
- Paracetamol 500 mg
- Codeine phosphate 8 mg
- Caffeine 30 mg
Keep in mind that codeine belongs to the group of opioid analgesics whose purpose is to relieve pain. You can take it alone or with other pain relievers.
Other excipients contained in a Solpadeine tablet are:
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Sorbitol (E420)
- Sodium saccharin
- Sodium lauryl sulphate
- Citric acid
- Sodium carbonate
- Silicone fluid
- Purified water
2. Contraindications for taking Solpadeine tablets
The medicinal product contains paracetamol. Therefore, you should not take other paracetamol-containing products.
The Solpadeine headache soluble tablets should not be taken in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, codeine or any of the other ingredients;
- If you have difficulty breathing;
- If you suffer from chronic constipation;
- If it is intended for children under 12 years of age;
- If you know that you metabolise codeine to morphine quickly;
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Consult a doctor before taking Solpadeine in the following cases:
- Suffering from liver or kidney disease;
- Suffering from prostatic hypertrophy;
- Suffering from severe bowel obstruction or inflammation;
- If suffering from diseases of the respiratory system associated with breathing difficulties;
- If you have low blood pressure;
- If you have hypothyroidism;
- If you have increased intracranial pressure;
- If you have a head injury;
- If you have undergone surgical removal of the gallbladder;
- If you are taking certain types of medications for depression, central nervous system (sedatives and sleeping pills), metoclopramide, domperidone, probenecid, chloramphenicol, cholestyramine;
- If you are taking blood-thinning medications (anticoagulants);
- If you take medicines to reduce swelling of the lining of the nose and sinuses (decongestants);
- If you are on a low-salt diet;
- If you have a dependence on opioids, alcohol, medications, and illicit substances;
- If you have fructose intolerance, glucose/galactose malabsorption syndrome, or sugar/isomaltose deficiency.
Read the enclosed leaflet carefully and consult a doctor before taking Solpadeine. Prolonged use of codeine can lead to dependence and cause overdose and death. Do not take for longer than the prescribed period.
If you need further advice, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Intake of Solpadeine in children and adolescents
The drug is not intended for children under 12 years of age.
Solpadeine should not be used as a pain reliever in tonsillectomy cases or to treat obstructive sleep apnoea.
It is not recommended to take codeine in children and adults with respiratory problems.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
It is not advisable to take codeine during pregnancy and breastfeeding, especially when combined with paracetamol and caffeine.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not take Solpadeine unless your doctor has prescribed it.
Driving and operating machinery
Taking Solpadeine may cause dizziness and fatigue. If you notice this, do not drive or operate machinery.
Taking Solpadeine with other medicines
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you take other medicines, especially flucloxacillin, antidepressants, etc.
Some medicines may cause side effects that are dangerous to your health.
3. How should you take Solpadeine tablets?
The medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dose, if not otherwise prescribed, is as follows:
- Adults, including people over 60: 1 to 2 tablets dissolved in less than half a glass of water. The maximum dose per day is four times, with an interval of at least 4 hours between each intake. Do not exceed an intake of 8 tablets within 24 hours;
- Children 12 years and older: the stated dose is 1 to 2 tablets dissolved in less than half a glass of water. You can take a tablet every 6 hours, up to 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Solpadeine is for oral use.
Do not take it for prolonged period. The use of the product should last up to 3 days.
If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
4. What are the possible side effects of taking Solpadeine?
Like any medicine, the occurrence of adverse reactions is possible.
The most common side effects are as follows:
- Allergic reactions such as itching, rash, redness, swelling on the face, throat, tongue and lips, difficulty breathing, etc;
- Appearance of mouth ulcers;
- Rashes and blisters on the skin;
- Cloudy urine;
- Nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, constipation, and others.
5. How to store Solpadeine?
Always store the medicinal product in a dry place at temperatures below 25°C.
The drug should not be taken after the expiry date. It is indicated on the original packaging.
Keep away from children.
6. Where can you buy Solpadeine?
You can buy Solpadeine from the Care From Nature online shop in a pack of soluble 24 effervescent tablets intended for oral administration.
We offer you the following:
- Quick order in a few easy steps;
- -15% for your first order with your e-mail address;
- Worldwide delivery with DHL;
- 1-2 business days for the European Union for £15.99.
For delivery terms to the rest of the world, you can contact us as follows:
- By phone +359884002215;
- Via our Contact form