Spazmalgon x 20 Tablets
SPAZMALGON 20 TABLETS
WHAT SPAZMALGON AND WHAT IT IS USED
Spazmalgon is a combination product that combines analgesic and relaxing smooth muscle action. Spazmalgon used for symptomatic treatment of mild or moderate pronounced pain syndrome due to spasms of the smooth muscles of internal organs:
• Renal stone disease and inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract, accompanied by pain and interference in the process of urination;
• Stomach and intestinal colic, gallstones, biliary dyskinesia;
• Painful menstruation.
2. BEFORE YOU USE SPAZMALGON
Do not use Spazmalgon:
• If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the active or the excipients;
• in the gastro-intestinal obstruction and megacolon (dilation of the colon);
• difficulty in emptying due to weakness of the muscles (atony) and gall bladder;
• In severe renal and hepatic failure;
• in certain blood disorders (changes in the cell composition of blood such as agranulocytosis (severe reduction or complete absence of total white blood cells in the blood) and leucopenia (reduced white blood cell counts in the blood);
• in some congenital diseases (such as deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and porphyria);
• glaucoma (acute glaucoma characterized in that the intraocular pressure increases very quickly);
• during pregnancy and lactation.
Take special care with Spazmalgon
The product should be used with caution in patients with impaired renal and / or hepatic function, some stomach disorders (achalasia - the inability of the lower esophageal sphincter to open in swallowing and lack of normal peristalsis in the esophagus, gastroesophageal reflux disease, pyloric stenosis), an increase prostate in overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), tendency to low blood pressure (hypotension), severe heart rhythm disorders, ischemic heart disease (especially recent myocardial infarction), advanced congestive heart failure, chronic bronchitis and bronchospasm (due increase the density of bronchial secretions) with known hypersensitivity to NSAIDs and non-narcotic analgesics or other allergy (allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma).
With prolonged acceptance of the product (more than one week) is required control of peripheral blood counts and functional condition of the liver. Metabolites (degradation products) of Metamizole can color the urine in red, which has no clinical significance. The product could affect psychophysiological state of patients during concomitant use with alcohol and products inhibiting the function of the central nervous system.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
• Metamizole increases the content of antiparasitic chloroquine in the blood, reduces the effects of coumarin anticoagulants (products that reduce blood clotting), and the effects of cyclosporine.
• Enhances suppressive effect on the hematopoietic function of bone marrow toxic drugs and chloramphenicol.
• Tricyclic antidepressants, oral contraceptive products, allopurinol violate metabolism Metamizole and increase its toxicity.
• Barbiturates, phenylbutazone (and other products that increase the breakdown of liver function) may reduce the effects of Metamizole.
• The soothing nervous system drugs (sedatives and tranquilizers) enhance the analgesic effect of Spazmalgon.
• Concomitant use of Spazmalgon other painkillers (analgesics) and NSAIDs increases the risk of hypersensitivity reactions and other side effects.
• Metamizole reduces plasma concentrations of cyclosporine A and can endanger performed tissue or organ transplantation.
If concomitant administration of these or other drugs should be consulted with a doctor!
Taking Spazmalgon with food and drink
Given the reduced tolerance to alcohol should be avoided its consumption during the treatment with the product.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine. Spazmalgon should not be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Driving and using machines
It should be used with caution in people who drive or operate machines as prolonged adoption of Spazmalgon can occur dizziness and infringement accommodative (ability of the eye for seeing close and far away).
Important information about some of the ingredients of Spazmalgon
The composition of the excipients included wheat starch, which is a danger for people with celiac disease (congenital bowel disease, manifested by diarrhea with the use of wheat products). This product contains the excipient lactose (milk sugar), which makes it unsuitable for patients with lactose intolerance.
3. HOW TO TAKE SPAZMALGON
How and when to take Spazmalgon?
The tablets are taken orally with water after eating.
Recommended daily doses:
• Adults and children over 75 years:
1-2 tablets 2-3 times daily. Maximum daily dose: 6 tablets.
- From 12 to 15 years old: 1 tablet. 2-3 times daily. Maximum daily dose - 3 Table.
- From 9 to 12 years old: 1/2 table. 2-3 times daily. Maximum daily dose - 2 tablets.
Treatment duration should not exceed three days.
If you take more than the amount Spazmalgon
When taking a higher dose than prescribed, immediately contact a doctor! your
doctor will decide what measures should be taken if necessary.
Overdose most commonly observed allergic reactions, symptoms of damage to the hematopoietic function, gastrointestinal disorders, in severe cases, symptoms of brain damage.
If there is evidence of overdose should immediately stop taking the product and to take measures for its rapid elimination from the body (vomiting, gastric lavage, forced increased urine output).
Apply symptomatic means.
If you forget to take Spazmalgon
Do not take a double dose to make up the missed dose. Do this in the next regular intake.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Spazmalgon can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Most often they are temporary and resolved upon discontinuation of treatment.
Some patients can be observed:
Immune system disorders:
Rash, pruritus, rarely severe allergic reactions - bronchospasm / shortening the smooth muscles of the bronchial walls / angioedema / swelling of the face, lips, eyelids and some mucous membranes / anaphylaxis / most severe form of allergic reaction that can begin dramatically with the following signs - itching, swelling of the face, breathlessness, cardiovascular problems / very rarely toxic epidermal necrolysis and Stevens-Johnson / severe blistering of the skin, which may progress as the top layer of the skin begins to peel /;
Malaise, dry mouth, constipation, exacerbation of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease;
Feeling palpitations, low blood pressure, rapid pulse, heart rhythm disturbances;
Blood and lymphatic system disorders:
Changes in the number of blood cells (agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia - a decrease in the number of platelets or leukocytes);
Nervous system disorders:
Dizziness, abnormal vision.
Renal and urinary:
Urinary retention, prolonged intake of high doses possible decrease in renal function (especially in patients with previously damaged one) and in rare cases acute renal failure.
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE SPAZMALGON
• At temperatures below 25 ° C!
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not use Spazmalgon after the expiry date stated on the blister and carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Medicines should not be disposed of in wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
• The active substances in one tablet are: Metamizole sodium: 500.0 mg Pitofenonov hydrochloride 5.0 mg and Fenpiveriniev bromide: 0.1 mg.
• The excipients are lactose monohydrate, corn starch, gelatin, talc, magnesium stearate, sodium hydrogencarbonate.
Spazmalgon looks like and contents of the pack
Spazmalgon is a round, flat tablets scored on one side, white or nearly white.