Tempalgin 500mg 20 tablets
Tempalgin 500 mg*20 tablets
For headache, toothache, and muscle joint pain
1. What is Tempalgin, and what is it used for?
Tempalgin 500 mg is a medicine in the form of film-coated tablets. It is used for short-term symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain.
It helps in the following conditions:
- Dental manipulations
- Myalgia (muscle pain)
- Arthralgia (joint pain)
The medicinal product is a combined medicine that contains the active ingredients metamizole sodium and triacetoneamine 4-toluenesulphonate. It has a pronounced and long-lasting analgesic effect.
These effects are due to the non-narcotic analgesic metamizole sodium and its ability to suppress prostaglandin synthesis. Triacetonamine 4-toluene sulphonate reduces motor excitement and has a central calming effect.
Note that Tempalgin should not be used to relieve acute abdominal pain.
2. What is the content of Tempalgin?
The active substances in one Tempalgin tablet are as follows:
- Metamizole sodium 500 mg
- Triacetoneamine 4-toluenesulphonate 20 mg
- Wheat starch
- Microcrystalline cellulose (type 101)
- Magnesium stearate
- Povidone K25
The film coating consists of:
- Opadrai II85 F21526 green (polyvinyl alcohol - partially hydrolysed, macrogol, talc, E171, E104, E133)
3. What should you know before you start taking Tempalgin?
Like any other drug product, there are contraindications regarding taking Tempalgin. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment with this medicine.
Do not take Temalgin if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substances or any of the excipients;
- Hypersensitivity to other pyrazolone products;
- Acute liver porphyria (an inherited disease with abnormal erythrocyte formation);
- Congenital glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (hereditary disease with erythrocyte erythrocytes);
- Severe kidney or liver disease;
- Aplastic anaemia, leucopenia, and agranulocytosis (blood disorders leading to low white blood cell counts);
- Low blood pressure with values below 100 mm Hg;
- If you are pregnant (first and last trimester) or are breast-feeding.
Do not use Tempalgin in children under 15 years of age.
The medicinal product contains wheat starch, which may pose a risk to patients with celiac disease (gluten enteropathy).
The use of the product during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not recommended.
Driving and operating machines
Tempalgin reduces the ability to concentrate and slows down conditional reflexes and should, therefore, not be used by motor vehicle drivers and when operating machinery.
4. How should you take Tempalgin and what is the maximum daily dose?
Your doctor determines the dose and duration of treatment.
It is crucial to take the medicine as your doctor has prescribed.
Follow these recommendations:
- Try taking the medicine at the same time each day;
- The tablets are taken with water, preferably after a meal;
- Depending on the response, the duration of treatment is 3-5 days;
- For adults, it is recommended to take 1 film-coated tablet x 3-4 times a day;
- For dental operations, it is recommended to take 1 tablet every 30 minutes before the intervention;
- Children over 15 years of age must is recommended to take 1 film-coated tablet twice daily.
The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets.
What to do if you forget to take Tempalgin 500 mg?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. Take it as usual if it's almost time for your next dose.
Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose. Continue taking the medicine as prescribed.
What to do if you have taken more than the required dose of Tempalgin?
If you exceed the recommended dose, stop taking the medicine and contact your doctor.
Possible reactions to taking a large dose include the following:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of consciousness
- Severely decreased blood pressure and shock
- Heart rhythm disturbances
If any of these symptoms occur, seek medical attention immediately.
5. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Tempalgin 500 mg can have side effects. However, they are not observed in all patients, and it is possible for you not to experience any reaction.
This medicine is usually well tolerated.
It is possible to occur the following hypersensitivity reactions:
- Skin rash
Note the following:
Before taking the medicine, read the entire leaflet in the Tempalgin package and inform yourself about any possible side effects. Always consult your doctor before starting treatment with this medicine.
Marketing Authorization Holder and Manufacturer
6. Where can you buy Tempalgin 500 mg?
You can order Tempalgin 500 mg from the Care From Nature online shop in a package of 20 tablets.
We offer you the following:
- Quick order in a few easy steps;
- -15% for your first order with your e-mail address;
- Worldwide delivery with DHL;
- 1-2 business days for the European Union for £15.99.
For delivery terms to the rest of the world, you can contact us as follows:
- By phone +359884002215;
- Via our Contact form