Trachisan Lozenges 3 packs x 20 (60 tablets)
Trachisan Lozenges*3 packsx 20 (60 tablets)
Always read the leaflet before taking the medicine. Consult a doctor or pharmacist if necessary.
1. What is Trachisan, and what is it used for?
Trachisan is a medicine in the form of lozenges.
It is used in the following health conditions:
- Topical treatment of inflammations and infections of the mouth and throat;
- Inflammation of the mouth and gums;
- Difficulty swallowing;
- To prevent infections before and after surgery in the oral cavity and throat (tooth extraction, surgery of the gums, tonsillectomy).
Pathogenic factors cause most inflammations in the oral cavity. The symptoms are redness and hypersensitivity of the mucous membranes, accompanied by a burning sensation in the mouth, difficulty swallowing, sore throat and hoarseness.
The combination of active substances in the tablets Trachisan has antibacterial, antiseptic and analgesic action, significantly improving the complaints.
Trahisan tablets do not contain sugar, so there is no risk of the development of caries.
2. What do you need to know before using Trachisan Lozenges?
Like any other medication, there are cases in which the use of Trachisan is not recommended.
Do not use Trachisan in the following cases:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substances or any of the other ingredients of Trachisan;
- If you have extensive ulceration of the oral mucosa;
- If you have large fresh wounds in the oral cavity;
- If it is for children under 6 years of age.
Always use Trachisan with caution.
If you have fructose intolerance, the treatment is performed only after consulting a doctor.
Taking other medicines
There is no data on side effects as an occurrence of drug interactions.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including those obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and lactation
There are no reports of adverse effects of Trachisan during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Due to the lack of data during pregnancy and lactation, the product may only be used after consulting a doctor.
Driving and operating machines
You can drive and use machines during treatment with Trachisan. These tablets are supposed to be safe and unlikely to affect the ability to drive and operate machines.
In case of side effects, stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor.
Warning for athletes
Note that when using Trachisan, lozenges can test positive for doping control.
3. What is the composition of Trachisan Lozenges?
This medicinal product contains sorbitol. When taken according to the dosage recommendations, each dose provides up to 0,69 g sorbitol, corresponding to 0,057 bakery units.
Trachisan Lozenges are suitable for people with diabetes.
The medicine is unsuitable if you have hereditary fructose intolerance because it may cause gastrointestinal irritation and diarrhoea.
Due to the decrease of sensitivity in the nasopharynx, negligent discharge of contents of the oral cavity in the airways can occur, requiring caution in patients under 12 years of age.
In one package of Trachisan, there are 3 packs, each containing 20 lozenges (pastilles).
The active substances in one lozenge are as follows:
- Tyrothricin 0,5 mg
- Chlorhexidine gluconate 1,0 mg
- Lidocaine hydrochloride 1,0 mg
The excipients in Trachisan lozenges are as follows:
- Magnesium stearate
- Peppermint oil
4. How to take Trachisan?
Always take Trachisan as directed in the leaflet or as your doctor prescribes.
The recommended dosage is as follows:
- In adults: 1 tablet is sucked at intervals of two hours. You can take up to 8 times a day;
- Children over 6 years of age: Taking up to 6 times a day is recommended.
Complaints usually disappear after a few days with regular use of the product.
Duration of treatment
To ensure the continued success of the treatment, it is taken Trachisan 2-3 days after the disappearance of symptoms. Without significant improvement after ten days of use, a consultation with a doctor must occur.
Trachisan should not be used for more than 6 weeks without consulting a doctor.
What should you do if you take a large amount of Trachisan?
The pharmacological properties of the product cause no toxic effects even in case of accidental ingestion of large quantities of Trachisan. Treatment in case of absorption of large amounts of the drug product is gastric lavage.
What should you do if you miss a dose of Trachisan?
Do not double the next dose to make up for a missed dose. Instead, continue as scheduled.
If you have any further questions about the use of this medicine, always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
5. Possible side effects of Trachisan lozenges?
Like any other type of medicine, Trachisan can cause side effects. Keep in mind that these are rare, and only some get them. If any side effects occur, they are most often allergic reactions to tyrothricin.
Trachisan tablets are generally well tolerated, but the product can reduce the sense of taste and numbness of the tongue, which usually disappears completely within one hour.
Yellow to brownish discolouration of the teeth, fillings, dentures and tongue that appear in rare prolonged use may be removed by maintaining oral hygiene. It resolves after stopping the use of the lozenges.
If any side effects get serious or you notice any not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
6. How to store Trachisan lozenges?
Follow these recommendations for the safe use and storage of the medication:
- Keep out of reach of children;
- Store in a dry place at a temperature below 25° C;
- Do not use after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
Note that these medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or as household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of the remainder of the drug. These measures will help protect the environment.
7. Do you need a prescription for Trachisan lozenges 3 packs x 20 (60 tablets)?
Trachisan does not require a doctor's prescription.
8. Where can you buy Trachisan lozenges 3 packs x 20 (60 tablets)?
At the Care From Nature online shop, we offer you Trachisan Lozenges in a package of 3 packs, each of them containing 20 tablets.
When you order from Care From Nature, you can benefit from the following:
- Quick order in a few easy steps;
- Worldwide delivery with DHL;
- 1-2 business days for the European Union for £15.99.
If you have questions about delivery terms to the rest of the world, you can contact us as follows:
- By phone +359884002215;
- Via our Contact form