Transilane 20 sachets
Transilane Powder*20 Sachets
1. What is Transilane 20 sachets, and what is used for?
Translane is a plant-based medicine that is used for short-term treatment of constipation. The medicinal product is in powder form in a single-dose sachet. It is intended for oral administration (oral suspension). One box includes 20 sachets.
Transilane sachets will help you in the following cases:
- Occasional constipation: It can be linked to a change in lifestyle (travelling). We recommend you inform your doctor if constipation occurs, which is unexplained by a change in lifestyle and is accompanied by pain, fever, and swelling of the face.
- Chronic constipation (long-term): It can be linked to two causes - intestine illness or an imbalance in the function of the intestine due to food habits and lifestyle.
Note that each treatment should also be alongside:
- An increase in vegetable foods (green vegetables, crudities, bread, fruit, etc.);
- An increase in water and fruit juice consumption;
- An increase in physical activity (for example, sports and regular walking);
- Defecation reflex.
Always seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist.
Treatment for constipation in children
Constipation treatment is also based on hygiene measures. Long-term treatment with a laxative is not recommended as this can upset the defecation reflex.
Be careful when seeking treatment for constipation in children. One of the most crucial things is to provide them with foods rich in vitamins and minerals, have them take sufficient amounts of water, and exercise daily.
Always consult your doctor before undertaking any treatment for your child.
This product does not require a doctor's prescription.
2. What does one Transilane sachet contain?
The active substance in a Tansilane sachet is Ispaghul 3.000 g (Plantago ovata Forssk.). It is a powder from the grain tegument.
The other ingredients are as follows:
- Monopotassium carbonate
- Citric acid monohydrate
- Sodium saccharine
- Lemon synthetic flavouring*
*Synthetic lemon flavouring: a mixture of lemon essential oil concentrate, citral, alcohol, terpene esters, benzylic and aldehyde alcohol in C8, C9 &C10 absorbed with gum Arabic.
3. How should a Transilane sachet be taken?
The usual dose is one sachet in the morning and evening. The product should be taken before meals.
Pour the powder into a glass and fill with water. After that, stir and drink immediately.
4. What do you need to know before starting to take Transilane sachets?
Tansilane is not intended to be used for a prolonged period of time without a doctor's prescription. Always read the leaflet before taking the sachet.
This medication is not recommended for patients with fructose intolerance, glucose/galactose malabsorption syndrome or sucrase/isomaltase deficiency (a rare hereditary illness).
The drug contains 2.2 g of saccharose per sachet. Be aware of the daily dose in the event of a low-sugar diet or diabetes.
Tansilane contains 272 mg of potassium per sachet. Therefore, patients should take into account their potassium intake.
A medical examination is necessary before taking this medication for bedridden patients or those who do not do much physical activity.
Also, there is a risk of hyperkalemia for patients with renal insufficiency.
Do not hesitate to consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice if in doubt.
Like any medicinal product, there are occasions when Transilane should not be taken.
You must never take Transilane powder in the following cases:
- Specific intestine or colon illnesses;
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) of unknown origin;
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Transilan;
- In phenylketonuria (hereditary disease) due to the presence of aspartame;
- A severe form of diabetes mellitus;
- Disturbances in water or electrolyte balance;
- Bowel obstruction of unknown origin.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
During pregnancy, taking this medication should be avoided unless necessary and under a medical supervision.
Inform your doctor if you become pregnant during the period you are taking the medicine.
If breastfeeding, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any drugs.
Please note the following:
- If symptoms persist, seek medical help;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking other medicines;
- Do not take after the expiry date – expiry date refers the last day of the specified month on the package.
5. Where can you buy Transilane 20 sachets?
You can order Transilane in a box of 20 sachets from the Care From Nature online shop.
We offer you the following:
- Quick order in a few easy steps;
- -15% for your first order with your e-mail address;
- Worldwide delivery with DHL;
- 1-2 business days for the European Union for £15.99.
For delivery terms to the rest of the world, you can contact us as follows:
- By phone +359884002215;
- Via our Contact form