Trombo ASS 100mg 30 Tablets
Thrombo ASS 100 mg* 30 tablets
1. What is Thrombo Ass, and what is it used for?
Thrombo ASS is a medicine that is used for the following cases:
- Reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with angina pectoris;
- For prophylaxis after myocardial infarction;
- For prevention of thrombosis following blood vessel surgery, such as coronary bypass surgery;
- For secondary prevention of previous ischemic attacks and apoplexy;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- For periodic migraine therapy.
Each gastro-resistant film-coated tablet contains the active substance acetylsalicylic acid 100 mg. Acetylsalicylic acid has anti-thrombotic properties and thus reduces the presence of blood clots. The administration of gastro-resistant film tablets reduces gastrointestinal side effects caused by acetylsalicylic acid.
2. What should you know before starting to take Thrombo ASS?
Do not take the medicine in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, salicylates or any of the ingredients of the product;
- Gastrointestinal ulcers;
- Bleeding tendency, low blood platelet counts (thrombocytopenia), bleeding disorders (haemophilia);
- Severe impairment of renal function and increased urinary oxalate (oxaluria)
You should take Thrombo ASS cautiously and consider the following factors:
- Before planned surgery, the antithrombotic effect of Thrombo ASS should be considered;
- Your doctor should determine the additional use of other salicylates or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory/antirheumatic agents;
- Taking high doses of acetylsalicylic acid for many years can cause kidney damage. Therefore, renal function should be checked regularly;
- In children and adolescents, in some cases, dangerous complications (Ray syndrome) have been observed;
- In case of prolonged vomiting, dehydration, consciousness disorder, or convulsions, tell your doctor immediately.
Particular caution is advised with already known hypersensitivity to other analgesics and agents for the treatment of the following health conditions:
- Rheumatic diseases
- Bronchial asthma
- Haemolytic anemia
- Gastrointestinal disorders (e.g. gastritis)
- Liver and/or renal dysfunctions.
Your doctor should be informed if they are present.
Taking Thrombo with other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Concomitant administration of Thrombo ASSwith other medicinal products may increase or weaken the effect.
Note that when taking Thrombo ASS, it can enhance:
- The effect of drugs that delay blood clotting (e.g. coumarin derivatives, heparin, dipyridamole and sulfinpyrazone);
- The effect of blood glucose-lowering drugs (sulphonylureas);
- The desired and undesirable effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic agents;
- The expected and unwanted effects of methotrexate;
- The risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract following concomitant administration with glucocorticosteroids or alcohol;
- The concentration of digoxin, barbiturates and lithium in the blood may increase.
On the other hand, Thrombo ASS weakens:
- The effect of dehydrating agents (spironolactone and furosemide);
- The influence of drugs that enhance uric acid urinary excretion (probenecid, sulfinpyrazone);
- The effect of medications that lower high blood pressure.
Concomitant administration of ibuprofen may reduce the antithrombotic effectof Thrombo ASS 100 mg.
Prolonged use of antacids, H2 blockers and anticholinergic agents may require increasing the dose of acetylsalicylic acid.
Concomitant administration with tetracyclines may result in the formation of non-resorbable complexes. Therefore, an interval of at least 1-3 hours between taking the different medicines should be observed.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using any medicine.
Thrombo ASS should not be given during the last three months of pregnancy because it may cause prolonged bleeding time in the mother and child during delivery. Thrombo ASS should only be given as an absolute necessity during the first six months of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Effects on the ability to drive and operate machines
There is no evidence of an adverse effect on active alertness and the ability to drive and use machines.
3. How to take Thrombo ASS tablets?
Your doctor determines the dose and duration of treatment. It is essential to take the medicine as your doctor has prescribed you. You should not change the dosage or discontinue treatment without consulting your doctor first, even if you are feeling well. Try taking the medicine at the same time each day.
Follow these directions for use:
- Film-coated tablets are taken without chewing or dividing with a small amount of liquid after a meal.
- Separating the film-coated tablet will destroy the gastro-resistant cover. Therefore, Thrombo ASS 100 mgshould not be divided.
The recommended daily dose is as follows:
- To reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with angina pectoris;
- Prevention of recurrences following myocardial infarction;
- Secondary prevention following transient ischemic attacks (TIA) and apoplexy.
For the specified indications, the recommended dose is 30 mg to 300 mg of acetylsalicylic acid per day.
- In case of prophylaxis of thrombosis following vascular surgery, e.g. coronary bypass: the recommended dose is 50 mg to 300 mg of acetylsalicylic acid per day.
- Acute myocardial infarction: the recommended intake is 100 mg to 300 mg of acetylsalicylic acid daily.
- For periodic migraine therapy: The recommended dose is 100 mg to 300 mg of acetylsalicylic acid daily.
What to do if you take more Thrombo ASS than you should?
Contacting the treating physician or the nearest healthcare institution is necessary for overdoses.
Symptoms of overdose are associated with irritation of the gastrointestinal tract, such as:
- Stomach aches
If you notice any of these signs, contact your doctor.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Thrombo ASS may have side effects. They are not necessarily observed in all patients.
Overall, Thrombo ASS is well tolerated, but side effects may occasionally occur.
The following reactions are rarely observed:
- Hypersensitivity reactions (bronchospasm, skin reactions);
- Stomach complaints (nausea, vomiting);
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, which in rare cases can lead to iron deficiency and anaemia;
- Prolonged bleeding time
- An asthma attack;
- Prolonged intake of higher doses may be associated with liver and kidney damage;
- Higher doses may lead to dizziness, tinnitus or gastrointestinal ulcers with severe bleeding (a coffee-like or light-reddening, dark excrement).
Tell your doctor if side effects occur, including ones not mentioned in this leaflet.
5. How to store Thrombo ASS?
Always store the medicine in the original package in a moisture/light-protected place at temperatures below 25° C.
Keep out of the reach of children!
The expiry period of the product is 3 years from the date of manufacture.
Do not use the product after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or as household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of unnecessary medicines.
These measures will help protect the environment.
6. What is the active substance in Thrombo ASS tablets?
One tablet of Thrombo ASS contains 100 mg of acetylsalicylic acid, the active substance in the product.
The excipients are as follows:
- Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, colloidal anhydrous, potato starch;
- Film coating: talc, glycerol triacetate, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer, purified water.
7. Additional Information about Thrombo ASS tablets
Thrombo ASS includes gastro-resistant film-coated tablets of 100 mg each in a pack.
There are 15 film-coated tablets in blister packs of solid PVC and aluminium foil, 2 blisters in a cardboard box, and patient information.
8. Where can you buy Thrombo ASS 100 mg?
You can buy Thrombo ASS 100 mg tablets from the Care From Nature online shop.
We offer you the following:
- Quick order in a few easy steps;
- -15% for your first order with your e-mail address;
- Worldwide delivery with DHL;
- 1-2 business days for the European Union for £15.99.
For delivery terms to the rest of the world, you can contact us as follows:
- By phone +359884002215;
- Via our Contact form