Trombo ASS 100mg 30 Tablets
Trombo ASS 100mg 30 TabletsCATEGORY: MEDICINES
1. WHAT IS THERAPY AND WHAT IT IS USED?
Each gastro-resistant film-coated tablet contains the active substance acetylsalicylic acid 100 mg. Acetylsalicylic acid has anti-thrombotic properties and thus reduces the presence of blood clots. The administration of gastro-resistant film tablets reduces gastrointestinal side effects caused by acetylsalicylic acid. Thrombo ASS is used to:
- Reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with angina pectoris;
- For prophylaxis after myocardial infarction;
- For prophylaxis of thrombosis following blood vessel surgery, such as coronary bypass surgery;
- For secondary prevention of previous ischemic attacks and apoplexy;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- For periodic migraine therapy.
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE TROMBO ASS
Do not take Trombo ASS in:
- hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, salicylates or any of the ingredients of the product;
- gastrointestinal ulcers
- bleeding tendency, low blood platelet counts (thrombocytopenia), bleeding disorders (haemophilia)
- severe impairment of renal function and increased urinary oxalate (oxaluria)
Take special care with Trombo ASS:
Prior to planned surgery, the antithrombotic effect of Trombo ASS should be considered.
The additional use of other salicylates or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory / antirheumatic agents should be determined by your doctor.
Taking high doses of acetylsalicylic acid for many years can cause kidney damage. Therefore, renal function should be checked regularly.
In children and adolescents, in some cases, dangerous complications (Ray syndrome) have been observed.
In case of prolonged vomiting, dehydration, consciousness disorder, convulsions, tell your doctor immediately. Particular caution is advised with already known hypersensitivity to other analgesics and agents for the treatment of rheumatic diseases, bronchial asthma, haemolytic anemia, gastrointestinal disorders (eg gastritis), liver and / or renal dysfunctions. Your doctor should be informed if they are available.
Taking other medicines:
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Concomitant administration of Trombo ASS with other medicinal products may result in increased or weakened effect.
Thrombo ASS enhances:
- the effect of drugs that delay blood clotting (eg coumarin derivatives, heparin, dipyridamole and sulfinpyrazone);
- the effect of blood glucose lowering drugs (sulphonylureas);
- the desired and undesirable effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic agents;
- the desired and undesirable effects of methotrexate
- the risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract following concomitant administration with glucocorticosteroids or alcohol;
Also, the concentration of digoxin, barbiturates and lithium in the blood may increase.
Thrombo ASS weakens:
- the effect of dehydrating agents (spironolactone and furosemide);
- the effect of drugs that enhance uric acid urinary excretion (probenecid, sulfinpyrazone);
- the effect of medications that lower high blood pressure.
Concomitant administration of ibuprofen may reduce the antithrombotic effect of Trombo ASS 100 mg
Prolonged use of antacids, H2 blockers and anticholinergic agents may require increasing the dose of acetylsalicylic acid.
Concomitant administration with tetracyclines may result in the formation of non-resorbable complexes. Therefore, an interval of at least 1-3 hours between taking the different medicines should be observed.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using any medicine.
Thrombo ASS should not be given during the last three months of pregnancy because it may cause prolongation of bleeding time in the mother and child during delivery. During the first six months of pregnancy and during breastfeeding, Trombo ASS should only be given as an absolute necessity.
Effects on ability to drive and use machines
There is no evidence of an adverse effect on active attention and the ability to drive and use machines.
3. HOW TO ACCEPT TROMBO ASS?
The dose and duration of treatment are determined by your doctor. It is important to take the medicine as your doctor has prescribed. You should not change the dosage or discontinue treatment without first consulting your doctor, even if you are feeling well. Try taking the medicine at the same time each day.
Directions for use:
Film-coated tablets are taken without chewing or dividing with a small amount of liquid after a meal. Separating the film-coated tablet will destroy the gastro-resistant and cover. Therefore, Trombo ASS 100 mg film-coated tablets should not be divisible.
To reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with angina pectoris:
Prevention of recurrences following myocardial infarction: Secondary prophylaxis following transient ischemic attacks (TIA) and apoplexy:
For these indications, 30 mg to 300 mg of acetylsalicylic acid per day are recommended
Prophylaxis of thrombosis following vascular surgery, e.g. coronary bypass:
For these indications, 50 mg to 300 mg of acetylsalicylic acid per day are recommended
Acute myocardial infarction: From 100 mg to 300 mg acetylsalicylic acid per day
For periodic migraine therapy: From 100 mg to 300 mg of acetylsalicylic acid per day
If you take more Trombo ASS than you should:
For overdoses, it is necessary to contact the treating physician or the nearest health care institution.
Symptoms of overdose are associated with irritation of the gastrointestinal tract such as nausea, vomiting, stomach aches, as well as dizziness, headache, confusion, tinnitus. If you notice any of these signs, contact your doctor.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Trombo ASS may have side effects. They are not necessarily observed in all patients.
Overall, Trombo ASS is well tolerated, but the following side effects may occasionally occur:
The following reactions are rarely observed:
- hypersensitivity reactions (bronchospasm, skin reactions);
- stomach complaints (nausea, vomiting);
- bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, which in rare cases can lead to iron deficiency anemia;
- prolongation of bleeding time
- provoking an asthma attack;
- prolonged dosing of higher doses may be associated with liver and kidney damage;
- Higher doses may lead to dizziness, tinnitus or gastrointestinal ulcers with severe bleeding (a coffee-like or light-reddening, dark excrement) emesis.
If side effects occur, including those not mentioned in this leaflet, tell your doctor.
5. HOW TO STORE TEMBO ASS?
Store in the original package and in a humidity / light protected place at temperatures below 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children!
The shelf life of the product is 3 (three) years from the date of manufacture.
Do not use the product after the expiry date which is stated on the packaging.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of your unnecessary medicines. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What Trombo ASS contains?
Active substance: acetylsalicylic acid 100 mg in one tablet.
Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, colloidal anhydrous, potato starch.
Film coating: talc, glycerol triacetate, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer, purified water.
Pharmaceutical form and packaging
Gastro-resistant film-coated tablets of 100 mg each in pack.
15 film-coated tablets in blister packs of solid PVC and aluminum foil, 2 blisters in a cardboard box along with patient information.